Friday, March 28, 2008

February 2006- Transportation

I'm still here. At the moment I'm in Lumina's office in Pundang which is a suburb of Seoul, I guess, it's really just one gigantic continuous mass of buildings, lights, streets, and Koreans. I spent a good three hours on the subway today and the subway sojourn is not over yet or at least the bus or taxi sojourn. My subway hours didn't include the bus and taxi proceeding it, which amounted to almost an hour. I'm actually not complaining in all of this. It's just rather amazing that I've spent so much time in one day in transportation all basically within the same city. Actually, my entire day has been made up entirely of one form of transport or another because when I wasn't in a taxi, bus, or subway, I was walking either through a museum or to get to my next form of transportantion. I went to the Korea War Memorial Museum today, which was huge and very extensive and impresive. It is in Seoul and Lumina works in Pundang. I came out here with her (taxi and bus and walking) and then back to Seoul (subway and walking) to the museum and then back to here (subway and walking) and later we'll be going back to Seoul(?) . We're off now to go eat and kareoke (Korean style) with the Korean teachers that she works with. I was going to go running today but I feel justified in having not done it.

No comments: