Friday, March 28, 2008

March 2006- ramblings from Taiwan and reflections of Korea

So I haven't felt much like writing for quite a while but I always come back. I don't feel like writing now either but I also don't feel like doing anything else either and I suppose it's time to write a bit. Thurm and I are sitting here at our neiboring computers. He's messaging Natalie and I'm posting but we're both listening to built to spill. I love all the wonderful music that I have on my module. My collection just keeps growing larger and larger between an occasional online purchase and a more than occasional adding of someone else's cd to my collection. I've been blessed with a few people around each semester with great music tastes and accompanying great music collections who have been kind enough to share with me. Two things I did not expect to happen while being here in Taiwan was to listen to new (to me) music or watch new movies. Both of these have happened in great abundance. I have been on a bit of a movie binge for a while. There obviously aren't the options for movies here that there in the states but there's a much better selection than I ever anticipated. I've paid to see more movies here in the theaters than I ever did back home. The great majority of my movie watching though is either on cable or rental movies. I've had a couple weekends here where I've managed to get in about 7 or 8 movies. I'm sure that I've had a 12-15 movie week. Impressed? I don't know if you should be impressed or disgusted. Be whatever you want and while you're over doing that I'll be watching another movie. Oh yeah, I've still been doing some running but Thurm and Jen have still been keeping more consistent than I have. I'd rather have raquetball and rock climbing but that's hard to come by here. We did play a bit of pick up badmitton last night that got pretty intense. We're going to have a basketball night with the school secretaries this week. Yeah, we're working it in the athletics department. I'll be back before the month's out.

No comments: