Friday, March 28, 2008

February, 2006- Korean Post

I'm here in Seoul. It's proving to be a great time. Janey and Thurm and I are all here in a hostel. I'm on the net and they're in bed. The two of 'em are leavin' tomorrow morning but I'm not out of here for another three days. Today we went to the border of North and South Korea, which was a really cool oppurtunity. It was also a very expensive oppurtunity but it's being a rarity justified it in my mind. We got to go stand by the stone faced guards and take pictures on the South side and peer into the communist North side watching their flag fly high (higher than the South's) in the wind in front of their very communist appearing cement naziesqe buildings. We got to see the "bridge of no return" between the North and South borders that was used to determine whether one was chosing communism or not. It was crazy seeing an actual communist area right there. It's a bit of a new perspective actually being there even though I didn't actually experience communism. It's just not something that I think about often because it's not something I deal with regularly. Anyway, I'm glad we went on the tour. Seoul all together has been great. We've been riding the very extensive subway system a lot. I think subway's are really cool. The whole underground networks are amazing to me. They are also full of Koreans and there seems to be plenty to go around. We were also able to go up to the Seoul Tower tonight. It's brilliant. Seoul is so huge. You can look out around the whole city's skylines and lights and it's incredible. I'm going to bed.

No comments: